Kishanreddy @ FacebookKishanreddy @ TwitterNarendra Modi @ FacebookNarendra Modi @ Twitter
Kishan Reddy is a Member of the Legislative Assembly from Bharatiya Janata Party from Amberpet constituency in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. He is also the floor leader in the Legislative Assembly.
Kishan Reddy understood the faith of Amberpet constituency people in 2009 when he polled more than 50% of the votes and also thanked the people of Himayath Nagar Constituency for electing him for the first time to the Assembly in 2004 with a grand majority of 32 thousand votes.
Mr. Reddy has lived up to his promise of developing all infrastructural facilities to enhance the quality of living of the common man in his first stint as an MLA from 2004 to 2009. He has promised to continue to strive tirelessly in a planned and systematic manner to understand and solve peopleç—´ problems and issues.
State of Telangana
Mr. Reddy single handedly persuaded the government to help, support and sponsor surgeries and operations for children suffering from heart diseases in the state. The state chief minister responded by setting up institutes with medical facilities to treat children with issues related to the heart. The fact that he was conferred on the title of Child Friendly Legislator by UNICEF speaks volumes of Mr. Reddy commitment to children issues in the field of health and education.
From the day Mr. Reddy entered into the state assembly he has taken up several issues that were afflicting the state and brought these to the notice of the Government. Mr Reddy as a result has gained from across the aisle for his conduct. One such example was when the state government was trying to put VAT on pesticides. Mr. Kishan Reddy started an agitation to protest against this move and in the process educated the farmers of the repercussions of such a move. He was thus able to successfully convince the government to repeal the implementation of VAT on pesticides.
The National Level
Mr. Reddy played a key role in formulating a key policy concerning the youth at the centre. Mr. Reddy organized the famous World Youth Conference Against Terrorism (WYCAT) in New Delhi.He led the "Seema Suraksha Jagaran Yatra" by road covering a total distance of 7500 KM in the 47 districts of 8 States in India, travelling over 45 days and conducting more than 250 meetings in protest against infiltration and Cross Border Terrorism. He also wrote a book on Cross border terrorism after the above mentioned trip.
- Member of the 'Committee for National Youth Programmes' (CONYP) constituted by Govt. of India under the Chairmanship of the Hon'ble Prime Minister from 1994 onwards.
- Member of the National Steering Committee for 'Vandemataram' New Millenium-2000' celebrations, organized by Govt. of India.
- Convener, A. P. State BJP Elections Campaign Committee.
- Contested for A.P. Legislative Assembly Elections from Karwan Assembly Segments Hyderabad City and Secured 71,000 votes.
At the International Level
Mr. Reddy organised the first international youth conference on terrorism from the 10-11th February, 2003 in which 195 delegates participated from 55 nations. The United Nations appointed a special observer for the conference. Subsequently, the United Nation sent a note-taking cognizance of the International Youth Conference. The formation of the World Youth Council Against Terrorism (WYCAT) to provide a platform for the youth of the world and to coordinate the activities of different organizations and youth wings of political parties to fight terrorism and establish global peace was applauded as a unique effort. WYCAT now has regional committees in more than 50 countries.
As the president of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha(BJYM), Mr. Reddy led a team to China on the official invitation of All China Youth Federation, the youth wing of the Communist Party of China, from 4th to 9th August 2003. The Team conducted modules study of Employment generation in rural and urban areas with a view to replicate them in India. Mr. Reddy also visited Israel as a member of BJYM /Youth Congress delegation from July 26 to August 1, 2003. The delegation focused on the promotion of bilateral and trade relations.
- In 2003, the International Youth Conference held in Delhi, during which Kishan Reddy was elected as the first International President.
- First Chairman of the WORLD YOUTH COUNCIL AGAINST TERRORISM (WYCAT).
- Was elected in the International Youth Conference on Terrorism held on Feb. 10-11 2003 at New Delhi, INDIA
- Visited U.S.A. as a member of 'Five Young Political Leaders Group' on the invitation of 'American Council for Young Political Leaders' (ACYPL), a U.S. Government Agency, during July & August, 1994 for 45 days. Meticulously studied various aspects of American system with a view to appropriate them in the Indian context.
- Participated in the 'World Vision - 2000' conference held at Washington DC, USA in 1994.
- Also visited United Kingdom, France, Canada and Nepal, China, Bulgaria, Israel, Malaysia ,Egypt and Nepal on the invitation concerned National Governments